Tuesday, March 04, 2008

The Benefits of Increased Fitness

Monday night was an intersting night for training. Some good things, some bad things. They relate, so I'll start with the good things.

Even with a cold I was feeling pretty fit throughout the whole class. I'm still having trouble maintaining structure in some of the Kihon, especially hugal jaseh soo do mahkee, but overall I was able to push my techniques pretty hard. My leg strength has let me introduce some more dynamic kicks to my reproitoire. Namely, I've got my jump side and jump spin side kicks back with some decent accuracy.

Decent accuracy, but not much control on the jump spin kick. I ended up blasting one at just the right range to have a technically perfect kick but a pretty damaging kick at that range. I'm not very proud of that contact I made, so I'll have some drills I need to hit for the control. It also makes the problems we've been having with some of the brown belts, especially because some of the issues are dealing with posturing, contact, and overall attitude... So I just lost some credibility.

No comments: